Saturday, June 20, 2009

Like Moses and God

It will take some time to process the sights, sounds, and experiences God led me through in Kenya this summer. Before the trip my friends gathered for intercessory prayer. One phrase that came up was "like Moses and God." This made no sense to me so I pretty much forgot all about it.

Serving in the community I became overwhelmed the enormous amount of suffering and why God had placed me into it. He loves me and has plans for me. But what plans? Why me? Why go to a place of suffering? How there is joy in Christ in this place and what is my path from here? Great comfort came from the team in confirming that they understood my feelings of being overwhelmed and my questions. Ginger gave me a different perspective in reminding me that it isn't about my ability but how God declares He will be with us.

We read Exodus 3:4-12. I was moved to tears as this passage revealed the message God had planted before the trip. God tells Moses He has seen the suffering of the people. Moses asked “Why me? Why am I to go?”

I may never know why God asked me to go to Kinyago-Dandora but knowing He sent me to His precious people who are suffering gives me joy. Another phrase that came up in our group prayer was “It is about so much more than you can see” so I rest in knowing that God is in control and I am completely humbled that He loves me enough to send me.

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. what a JOY to hear just a teeny bit of what God's doing in your heart!! (and it's also quite a JOY to have you home!) :-)

    ReplyDelete