Friday, June 26, 2009

Clarity

Many of you had told me before I left that this mission trip to Kenya would be life-changing. I could have never estimated the power of this experience. God worked through me in so many ways. I feel clarity from Him. I feel that I have been truly blessed and through these blessings, I need to use my abilities from God to continue His work. I feel strongly for the children in Kenya. I know there is suffering, pain and destitution all over the world. However, God has focused my heart on the children in the Kinyago Dandora slum. I plan to continue His work in this community through education of the cause and continued support in whatever form God sees necessary. I feel so strongly on this partnership that I have asked Ginger, the president and CEO of Kenya Children's Fund, to mentor me. She is an amazing Christian role model with a vision to perform God's will where many have turned their backs.

I feel it is no coincidence that God brought Cindy and I together at Heather Cox's baby shower and absolutely no coincidence but God smiling when I walked off the van upon arriving at our hotel in Nairobi and saw a fashionable blonde not afraid to express herself there to lead us on our trip. All I could think was, "I won't be to western looking! I can wear make-up! She has jewelry on, I can wear jewelry!" Obviously outward appearance has nothing to do with what is inside of a person, but it made me feel more comfortable in a new situation. I feel so incredibly blessed to be in a community of people that feel so strongly about the Lord and His work to be done!

God continued to speak to me through scripture upon my return from Kenya:

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Proverbs 3:27.

There is no way to turn back and forget what we saw in the eyes of the children and streets of Dandora. My life has been invaluably enriched from this experience, and I plan to use my knowledge and gifts to enrich those who so very much deserve it. For now, that means the children in my little piece of Heaven, Kinyago-Dandora, in Nairobi, Kenya.

"Blessed is he who is kind to the needy." Proverbs 14:21.

His,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment